You might be eligible for Working Tax Credit if one of the following applies to you:
- you’re aged from 16 to 24 and have a child or a qualifying disability
- you’re 25 or over, with or without children
To be eligible for Working Tax Credit, you must;
- work a certain number of hours a week
- get paid for the work you do (or expect to)
- have an income below a certain level
You can apply for Working Tax Credit even if you don’t have children or you’re on leave or about to start a new job.
Important Notice: you can’t claim tax credits and Universal Credit at the same time.
How much Working Tax Credit can I apply for?
The basic amount of Working Tax Credit you can apply for is up to £1,960 a year. You may be entitled to more (or less) depending on your circumstances and income.
Working Tax Credit Calculator
The DWP Working Credit Tax Calculator is available here: DWP Tax Credits Calculator.
There are also two independent benefits calculator providers; Turn2Us and EntitledTo, you can use the Turn2Us Benefits Calculator or the EntitledTo Benefits Calculator to calculate your Working Tax Credit entitlement.
Working Tax Credit Phone Number
The Working Tax Credit phone number is the same as the DWP general tax credits number, 0345 300 3900. Or, 0345 300 3909 by Textphone and +44 2890 538 192 from outside the UK. The Working Tax Credit number is available
- 8:00 am to 8:00 pm from Monday to Friday
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday