Read our Universal Credit Coronavirus Update for the latest news about how Coronavirus has affected Universal Credit for existing claimants and new claims.

Universal Credit will replace Jobseeker’s Allowance, Housing Benefit, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Employment & Support Allowance and Income Support. Paid monthly, or twice a month for some people living in Scotland, Universal Credit is a benefit payment to help with your living costs.

Find out more about Universal Credit using our free guide. It covers who can apply, how to apply, how much money you can claim, a glossary to help with the terminology and more.

Universal Credit Helpline

Universal Credit helpline phone number and availability times. View the Universal Credit Helpline call costs.

Universal Credit AppointmentsPhone Numbers
Telephone0800 328 9344
Textphone0800 328 1344
Welsh language0800 012 1888

The Universal Credit helpline is available from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm