Role: Payroll Administrator
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
We are looking for an efficient payroll administrator to be responsible for all payroll processes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who knows the world of payroll like the back of their hand and wants to develop themselves across the wider business.
The right candidate will be a technically proficient Payroll Administrator who has exposure to managing and processing multiple payrolls on a monthly cycle. As the face of payroll, you will be confident, communicative and display clear initiative when dealing with senior managers to resolve issues and challenge processes.
- Supporting Payroll Manager to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time in line with agreed deadlines
- To process UK payroll runs from beginning to end in accordance with current legislation, policies and processes, and timelines, while ensuring that an appropriately authorised person approves all payroll transactions
- Collating change data, completing input sheets, and making sure peer checks are carried out
- Ensuring that all payroll related information, including salary increases and deductions are calculated, recorded and processed accurately and promptly in accordance with the relevant legislation / guidelines
- Ensuring that payroll reports are created and distributed to the business and third parties as necessary
- Ensuring all key controls are adhered to as specified in the Payroll Process Guide, and ensuring all supporting payroll documentation is correctly filed at close of each payroll run
- Reporting errors to the Payroll Manager and correcting promptly
- Acting as first point of contact for all employee pay and benefit queries, investigating, resolving or escalating the matters as required in a timely manner.
- Maintaining confidentiality and make sure sensitive files are protected appropriately
- Proven payroll knowledge and an in-depth understanding of relevant HMRC legislation
- Payroll Technician Certificate / CIPP qualification
- Experience & knowledge of ADP Freedom
- Advanced user of Excel application
- Confident user of Word & Microsoft Outlook
Desirable skills / expertise:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Invested in promoting a customer care/service-based approach and operate with discretion
- The ability to be proactive, flexible, and adaptable while problem solving when required
- Ability to prioritise, manage time and work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong team player in an environment of professionals