Role: Occupational Therapist
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
We are seeking a licensed occupational therapist to join our growing team of medical professionals. This role could be a great opportunity to further develop your skills and to apply experience gained in other mental or physical health settings.
The role is to provide a client-centred occupational therapy service to a defined caseload of service users with complex needs, within the local services working with multi-disciplinary team members and the occupational therapy team.
- To work flexibly and assist in effective and efficient delivery of the service.
- To prioritise workload, delegate and to supervise more junior staff including support staff and students, to aid provision of high standards of patient care.
- To assess the Occupational Therapy needs of a defined patient group and establish and evaluate appropriate treatment plans. This includes chronic, acute and palliative care within own competencies, recognising own limitations and seeking advice when necessary from seniors. Working with access to direct supervision from a more senior Occupational therapist.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment for patients with multiple pathologies in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of treatment.
- To select and apply Occupational Therapy assessments, addressing any skill deficits, enabling patients in the areas of productivity, self and leisure.
- The successful post holders should have a Bsc/Msc in Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapist and current HCPC membership
- Experience of being able to assess Occupational Therapy needs, set goals and formulate treatment plans
- With sound clinical knowledge and proven experience in acute and community clinical environments
Desirable skills / expertise:
- Interpersonal skills to connect with others and develop rapport with your patients
- Compassion and empathy
- Ability to explain, encourage and build confidence
- Observation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Assessment and report writing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good creative and practical skills