Role: Medical Secretary
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
We are looking for a Medical Secretary to support our medical office. Patients, visitors and medical staff will turn to you for information and help with administrative issues.
The post holder will provide administrative and secretarial support to the General Surgery/ Bariatric Consultants and Senior Management Team. The post holder will also be required to attend meetings where agenda and minutes/note taking will be required. Communication is a must between external and internal members of staff as well as the public.
- Provide full secretarial support to the Consultants practice including those of a sensitive nature, whilst maintaining confidentiality
- At consultants’ request arrange admissions, request investigations and obtain test results using hospital data systems. Draw consultants’ immediate attention to results deemed abnormal or urgent
- Ensure invoices are sent out, payments received and bad debts chased monthly
- Supply Insurance Companies with typed reports of treatment undertaken/planned as directed by the consultant
- Have an active role in developing and implementing projects across the department. Promote a learning and supportive environment
- Maintaining the computer clinic system in an accurate and secure manner;
- Assisting with the gathering of statistics and information when required;
- Performing any reasonable administrative tasks as requested by the Practice Manager.
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience within a private healthcare environment is highly desirable
- Computer literate
- Medical terminology course (AMSP)
Desirable Skills / Expertise:
- Competent in using Microsoft Office software
- Time management
- Multicultural Awareness & Sensitivity
- Willingness to support others
- Self Confidence
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team