Role: Legal Assistant
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
We are looking for a self motivated Legal Assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management.
As a legal assistant, you will be tasked with a variety of duties to support lawyers, including drafting documents, conducting legal research, and maintaining and organizing files. You will also help lawyers prepare for corporate meetings, trails, and hearings. You will use innovative technology including computer software for organizing and managing the data and documents collected throughout a case.
- Arrange board meetings, contributing to preparation and issuance of board minutes.
- File of legal agreements
- Assist with responding to queries for corporate and company secretarial information from external company secretarial providers
- Handle internal requests for company secretarial information
- Ensure all statutory registers are updated on Diligent Entities (Blueprint OneWorld) and filing in Diligent Entities of powers of attorney, board minutes, shareholder resolutions
- Update and maintain the company structure and status chart
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent administration and organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience of providing administrative support in a corporate function within a medium or large organisation
- Experience of administering records and registers to comply with specific requirements
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- Empathy and compassion to help guide our clients through challenging personal circumstances
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality