HR Administrator Job Description
Role: HR Administrator
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
We have an excellent opportunity for a HR Administrator to join our shared service team based in our head office. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual looking to gain / grow their experience in a high performing HR team.
The successful candidate will play a central role in the HR Operations team to ensure it effectively carries out core HR generalist tasks.
- Drafting correspondence (e.g. new starter contractual documents, correspondence relating to discipline, grievance, absence management processes)
- Ensuring HR filing is up to date with correct documentation uploaded onto the document storage system
- Administration relating to appraisals, capability and probationary reviews and exit interviews
- Inducting new employees and ensuring the process is properly administered
- Maintaining and monitoring the HR administration systems both paper based and computerised to ensure the HR database and other platforms are up to date and accurate
- Providing reports or statistical data when requested
- Supporting employee queries that relate to basic admin, payroll, systems or benefits
- Use appropriate systems to monitor and maintain records
- A good all-round education
- Delivering at Pace – Experience of working in a busy, professional, customer focussed HR team to deliver a quality HR Advisory Service.
- Delivering Customer Service – Experience of providing proactive and accurate advice and guidance to colleagues, managers and members of the public in a timely manner and to a high standard, while using tact and discretion.
Desirable skills / expertise:
- Sound knowledge of labor laws and practices
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Must be approachable and helpful
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good ethical judgment