Role: Head Chef
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
We’re looking for a Head Chef to join our team. Are you customer and team focused with a passion for food? Do you think you can lead a team to be successful in providing good quality food under pressure? If so, this role could be for you.
- The Head Chef will plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food for functions and events ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the conference and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to provide function costs to facilitate budgetary control
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’. Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
Desirable skills / expertise:
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong passion for the art of food design
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills