Role: Commercial Manager
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
As the commercial manager, you will lead face to face negotiations with external (and internal) customers, where the ability to interpret contract wording and convey the key messages to colleagues and customers is a key feature, together with strong financial acumen to understand, protect and optimise company’s interests.
This will involve establishing effective relationships, including effectively utilising legal counsel (contract drafting, litigation, specialists), and other expert advice where appropriate, via a collaborative approach and being able to achieve results through achieving consensus within contract terms and in customer relationships.
- An acute eye for detail and impeccable due diligence, whilst appreciating, understanding, and acting upon strategic commercial priorities
- Dealing with clients directly to identify and resolve variations from the contract deliverables
- Negotiating, on an equitable basis, internally and externally to ensure that the business is not exposed to unacceptable risks.
- Leading contract negotiations with clients and other third parties to reach financial close with business development teams, with support from legal team and other colleagues.
- Dealing proactively in management of contract reviews and governance framework
- Dealing reactively in mitigation of key risks as they arise, and providing support to colleagues to resolve these in a timely manner
- Working within the operating environment to ensure company policies are thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right
- Experience in working with public sectors, particularly concession or PFI models, as well as private clients preferably in prime real estate and housing development
- Business development and post contract experience, with asset adoption / acquisition experience beneficial
- Experience of managing and avoiding disputes
- Experience of Responding to adjudications and preparing referrals
Desirable skills / expertise:
- Excellent communicator across all levels
- Strong financial acumen for understanding and financial and risk reporting, with an ability to analyse complex financial models, and documentation with accuracy
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in a commercial environment
- Sound understanding of risk analysis/management
- Strong Commercial awareness and focus on results