Role: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for sustainability and career development in consulting sales. The Business Development Manager develops their primary portfolio of customers whilst working to build their secondary portfolio/new prospects.
As Business Development Manager, you will be selling all manner of digital advertising and content solutions, newsletter sponsorship, events (physical and virtual) and bespoke reports / business intelligence.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Provide sales coaching and help drive a sales culture within the region
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Striving to achieving personal and team targets, and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Proven experience in business development for a range of products/ services, ideally mobile communications/ electronic-related product categories
- Account management
- Strong relationship / people skills.
- Good commercial acumen – comfortable with financial and operational negotiations.
- Outgoing personality and the capability to communicate on an individual basis as well as in a team environment.
Desirable skills / expertise:
- Creativity to actively spot opportunities to expand its distribution business
- Business acumen to ensure that new opportunities are commercially viable
- Outstanding business development skills to proactively identify and engage with suitable partners
- Deal-making skills to be able to successfully negotiate and confidently close opportunities
- Account management skills to develop further opportunities with partners