The Ark Breakfast and After School Club is looking for playworkers to join the team. The position involves assisting with the day to day operation of the club and the care of children. We require enthusiastic, self motivated people who can to use their initiative, and have confidence supervising children. Playworkers should be confident in their interactions with children, have a positive approach in their communications and participate fully in the care session. Mostly you need to have fun! The role is flexible and you may work all mornings and after school or just a few shifts a week on a half termly rota. Full training and uniform will be provided.
- Experience of working with 4 to 11 year olds
- Ability to provide and facilitate safe, creative play
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to use judgement and common sense
Details of hours of work: Monday to Thursdays 3pm- 6.15pm and Friday 3pm to 5.15pm and/ or 7.15am-9.15am Monday to Friday.
- We offer very flexible working- this can be a few shifts a week to working each morning and evening.
- The Ark is a busy, large and vibrant setting with a huge range of exciting activities for the children to be involved in. No one will be bored!
- Supportive and friendly team with lots of professional development opportunities.
- Central Winchester, minutes from the train and bus station.
- Free uniform
About The Ark Breakfast and After School Club
The Ark provides before and after-school care for children, aged 4-11 years (Reception to Year 6). It is an independent not for profit organisation with volunteer Directors. The Ark is based at St Bede Primary School, Gordon Road, Winchester SO23 7DD