The successful applicant will have to be very much a ‘people person’ with good communication skills and a caring nature. You will be working alongside vulnerable adults, training and mentoring them and so need to be an excellent role model.
Some retail experience would be an advantage, as would some experience working alongside people with learning difficulties.
· Sort and price stock, steam clothes if necessary, ensure adequate flow of stock from stockroom to the shop floor.
· Help to achieve charity income targets by maximising sales and minimising costs.
· Ensure customers receive a high standard of service and there is a pleasant working environment for staff and volunteers.
· Work with the Manager to ensure a high standard of presentation throughout, maintaining high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout .
· Assist in the training of any volunteer staff and beneficiaries.
· In the absence of the Manager take responsibility for the smooth running of the shop including opening and closing, cashing up and safe handling of takings
· Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Manager in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.