Post title: Emily Davison Office Cleaner
Location: Role is based at:
Waterside office park, St James Court East, Accrington, BB50DW
Hours: 16 hours per week – living wage hours to be flexible dependent on service requirements and to include weekends and evenings.
Responsible to: Office Manager
Purpose of role: To ensure that the Charity’s offices, toilets, kitchen and stairs are kept in a clean and orderly condition
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
· Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
· Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
· Vacuum cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
· To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
· To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
· To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
· The use of chemical agents as required in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
· To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
· Cleaners are required to clean cookers and work surface areas.
· Sweep and clean outside walkway weekly and jet wash when appropriate.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
· Previous experience of cleaning, including the use of chemicals and using cleaning machinery safely
· Demonstrated reliability
· Cleaners can be required to work alone and are not necessarily appointed to a specific location with the establishment.
All staff are expected to work to the Emily Davison Centre code of confidentiality, and adhere to all policies and procedures, be courteous to colleagues, students, volunteers and service users and provide a clean welcoming environment.
To apply for this position please email [email protected] or call 01254 879855 for an application form