Jobcentre Complaints

Do you want to make a complaint about Jobcentre Plus? Find out about the Jobcentre complaints procedure, complaint telephone numbers and further information.

You can make a complaint about the following aspects of the service provided by the Jobcentre Plus

  • mistakes that have been made
  • unreasonable delays
  • how you’ve been treated
  • not being kept informed

If you want to make a complaint about a decision made by the Jobcentre Plus that you disagree, there is a different complaints and appeals procedure.

How to complain about the Jobcentre Plus

If you think your Jobcentre office got something wrong, let the office know as soon as possible and they’ll do their best to resolve the issue.

Complaints can be made by phone, in person or in writing. When making a complaint, you will need the following information:

  • Your National Insurance number – unless you are an employer
  • Your full name, address and contact numbers
  • What happened, when it happened and how it affected you
  • What you want to happen to put things right

For complaints about Jobseeker’s Allowance and Universal Credit, you can also make a complaint online. Click here to make an online complaint./p>

Jobcentre Complaint Telephone Numbers

Use the contact details at the top of any letters sent to you by the Jobcentre or use the details below.

The phone numbers listed below are available Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, unless stated otherwise. View the Jobcentre call costs.

Jobseeker’s Allowance0345 608 85450345 608 85510345 600 3018
Income Support0345 608 85450345 608 85510345 600 3018
Incapacity Benefit0345 608 85450345 608 85510345 600 3018
Employment and Support Allowance0345 608 85450345 608 85510345 600 3018
Maternity Allowance0345 608 86100345 608 85530345 608 8674
Bereavement0345 608 85510345 608 85510345 608 8772
Social Fund0345 603 69670345 608 85530345 608 8756
Disability Living Allowance0345 712 34560345 722 4433N/A
Personal Independence Payment0345 850 33220345 601 6677N/A
Universal Credit0345 600 07230345 600 07430345 600 3018
State Pension*0345 606 02650345 722 44330345 606 0275
Carer’s Allowance**0345 608 43210345 604 5312N/A
Attendance Allowance0345 605 60550345 604 5312N/A
Vaccine Damage Payments01772 899 944N/AN/A

* If you’re not in the UK, contact the International Pension Centre

** Available Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 5:00 pm and Fridays, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

How to make a complaint about the DWP

If you’d like to make a complaint about the Department for Work and Pensions, write to:

Department for Work and Pensions

PO Box 50101



We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.