Wellbeing Facilitator Job in Harrogate, North Yorkshire at Vida Healthcare
Vida Hall, rated outstanding by the CQC, is looking for a kind hearted and passionate Wellbeing facilitator to join their dedicated activities team on full time basis. The person will work with dignity and respect and support our residents to live as independently as possible whilst providing wellbeing activities.
Weekday Day: £8.76
Weekend Day: £10.94
About you- People who will share our commitment to providing the highest quality, compassionate care- Previous experience working with people who are living with dementia would be advantageous however we will guide you with ongoing, specialist training- Most of all, we are looking for intuitive people who genuinely care about helping others
– To work as part of the Wellbeing and Lifestyle Team and be responsible for planning, organising and delivering varied opportunities for activity and engagement that are well researched, motivating, entertaining and add value to the lives of the residents striving all the time to create opportunities to increase wellbeing.
– To implement the principles of Personal Life Story to create an individualised approach to the day to day activities to motivate and engage the wider Vida team to be part of this vital area of work.
– To offer opportunities for residents to engage in a lifestyle that upholds their personhood and reflects their past cultural interests while offering access to new experience in accordance with the home’s equality and diversity policies and commitment to non-discriminatory practices.
About the role
– Spend quality time with residents to develop meaningful relationships that build trust and confidence.
– Support, research and collate resident’s interests and preferences in association with other care staff particularly key workers.
– Support residents to develop life history books and other creative ways to aid recall, reminiscence and communication.
– Plan and organise groups and 1:1 in response to identified interests and requests.
– Work with the team to share ideas and good practice, skills and talents.
– Work closely with resident’s families and friends and extended Vida Team in planning, organising and delivering activity.
– Be responsible for the appropriate use of the homes budget.
– Organise publicity and information about any scheduled leisure activities displaying, distributing and updating this information to residents, staff and others involved.
– Maintain and develop the homes ‘Information Bank’ about community and other resources that may be of use to residents in the pursuit of their interests.
– Continually review and evaluate the programmes and approaches being offered to residents for the purpose of measuring quality and effectiveness.
– Report residents experience and progress including the requirements to complete specific assessments and record and evaluate outcomes. Alert the care team immediately of any incidents that occur that may impact on the health status of the residents so that action can be taken promptly by the appropriate team member.
– Attend periodical meetings with the management team to discuss achievements, advancements, current good practice and any issues relating to role.
– Attend and contribute to Team Meetings, reflective practice groups and one-to-one supervisions to support personal and professional development.
– This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as a complete list and may be subject to review periodically.
In return for:
– Ongoing specialist training and career development
– Staff rewards and recognition including Annual Awards
– Offers and discounts for over 250+ retailers
– Working for a family business
– Modern, purpose
-built home with state-of-the-art facilities
– Free parking
– 5 minutes walk from local bus and train services
– Internal communications platform / forum
TO APPLY: Download the application form found at www.vidahealthcare.co.uk/jobs and email to firstname.lastname@example.org