Trainee Trimmer Job in Farnborough, Hampshire at Farnborough Aircraft Interiors
Farnborough, Hampshire, Full Time *Subject To Experience
Job Description – Trainee Trimmer
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Trimmer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will work as part of a team to complete interior refurbishments of both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, based at our specialist facility in Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
The role demands a degree of self-motivation and our projects cover a broad range disciplines meaning that the applicant will require a keen eye for detail and quality, coupled with a passion for perfection. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn new skills and who can work well under pressure to tight deadlines both on their own and as part of a team. Smart in appearance, punctual and capable of obtaining the required airport security clearances you will be given full on-the-job training in all aspects of the role progressing from a Trainee Trimmer through to full Trimmer under our in-house apprenticeship.
This role is ideally suited someone wishing to enter the aircraft interiors industry as a beginner or with limited experience with full training given, including (but not limited to) the below:
• Sewing machine skills (basic)
• Sewing machine skills (Advanced)
• Overlocker skills
• Carpet overlocker
• Training in the use of hand tools
• Pattern making/templating etc.
• Foam building skills
• Cutting of materials – leather/cloth etc.
• Use of adhesive and applications
• Dismantling and rebuilding of seating and panelling
• Health and safety systems in the workshop
• Housekeeping in the workplace
• General safety working with aircraft on site
• Onsite aircraft carpet installation
• Ability and willingness to travel as required
Any aviation or practical experience is welcomed, however not essential. All applicants must have an unrestricted right to work and live in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please send a covering letter and recent CV to [email protected]