IDVA Job in Trafford, Manchester at Trafford Domestic Abuse Services
England, Greater Manchester, Trafford, Part Time *Subject To Experience
Area: Community Services
Reporting to: Community Team Leader
Hours of work: 22.5
Salary/scale: £24,012 FTE
TDAS is an independent voluntary organisation which is affiliated to Women’s Aid England. TDAS and has been operating since June 1990. TDAS is a company Limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
TDAS is the only specialist agency in Trafford to deliver both intervention and prevention services to adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
Purpose of the role
To play an integral and active part in the community based IDVA and outreach support team
You will work as part of a skilled, multi-disciplinary staff team and must be approachable and highly motivated in supporting and encouraging people experiencing domestic violence/abuse to make informed choices in order to determine their own future. You will ensure the provision of support and advocacy services to service users who are experiencing or have experienced Domestic Abuse. Assessing the risk a service user is in and delivering a service appropriate to the level of risk.
· Provide a person centred, outreach service to adults accessing the IDVA service. This could be via face to face, telephone or other digital means
· To liaise with MARAC agencies to promote TDAS service offer and encourage referrals/self referrals.
· To decide on the most appropriate method of offering support to service users in accordance with MARAC policy and within the resources available
· To assess the risk the service user is in using the SafeLives DASH Risk Indicator Checklist and ensure that the delivery of the IDVA service is appropriate to this level of risk and to notify the Senior IDVA of any risks identified.
· Participate in the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference framework: refer clients to, attend and participate in meetings and follow up actions agreed in the MARAC
· Carry out assessment and safety planning procedures with service users and deliver a service appropriate to the identified level of risk.
· Hold and manage a case load as agreed with the Team Leader
· Complete initial support and safety/risk assessments for all service users and ensure these are monitored and reviewed on each contact
· To keep accurate, factual and appropriate daily recordings and record these on the case management system in a timely and professional manner
· To offer practical and emotional support to service users
· To ensure standard and effectiveness of work with service users is consistent and of high quality
· Support the Community Team Leader on reporting and delivery of Outcomes as highlighted in funders requirements.
· Liaise and work in conjunction with TDAS senior management team to provide a holistic support service to families across all TDAS services.
· Liaise and work in conjunction with key agencies ensuring that multi-agency work is undertaken as part of the process involved in the assessment and delivery of services provided to adults.
· Access regular feedback from service users to ensure the continued improvement of services and support offered to children and young people by TDAS.
· Attendance at internal and external meetings to support the delivery and development of the Community Service
· To deliver awareness raising sessions to the public on domestic abuse and its effects on families
· To plan and manage own workload working on own initiative, often in times of crisis
· To be aware of, implement and keep up to date with Child Protection/Safeguarding Procedures in accordance with TDAS and Trafford Borough’s Child Protection/Safeguarding policies and procedures.
· To ensure regular health and safety procedures including risk assessments are completed where appropriate
· Work in partnership with adults, families, staff, statutory, voluntary and community organisations to promote the welfare and wellbeing of all adults and families supported by TDAS.
· Work with TDAS team to promote and support the development of TDAS.
· Work to the standards laid down within the bounds of the Policy and Procedures of TDAS, including Equal Opportunities, Equality & Diversity, Data Protection, Child Protection and Safeguarding vulnerable Adults, Health & Safety and core service user policies at all times. This is not an exhaustive list and all other policies and procedures within TDAS must be complied with.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Community Team Leader, CEO and the Services Manager, commensurate with the grade and job title of the post.