Head Chef Job in St Austell, Cornwall at The Ship Pentewan
Cornwall, St Austell, Full Time *Subject To Experience
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to take the helm at The Ship. As Head Chef you will be:
· Accountable for running all aspects of your kitchen.
· Passionate about maintaining the highest of standards of food and service
· Experienced in all areas of the kitchen
· As Head Chef, you will have overall responsibility for the food side of our business. Including – Menu planning, stock ordering and controls, staffing, food hygiene & health and safety. You will be able to ensure the kitchen meets its profit margins and targets.
· Must be food hygiene level 3 certified
· You need to be able to perform with a cool head during a busy service and be well organised, with a positive attitude.
· Training staff to perform to your standard when you have days off. The Kitchen needs to be run in a professional manner, producing great food that is served quickly, looks and tastes great. We are looking for someone who sees this as a long-term position. You need to have several years’ experience in a similar role.
We are a beautiful traditional, seasonal pub, open everyday all year around. "You don't have to be local to be treated like a local" is our motto. Customer service is our number one priority, we are committed to teamwork in all areas of the business, supporting each other, striving to improve constantly. Opportunities exist to be more creative within our food offering for both summer and winter trade.