Playworker Job in Birmingham, West Midlands at St. Francis Youth and Community Centre
Birmingham, West Midlands, Part Time £0k – £10k
[email protected] Out-of-School Club
Job Title: Play Worker
You will be responsible to the [email protected] Manager and your job will be to assist in the day to day organisation and delivery of the out of school provision. This includes:
1. Assisting in the preparation and delivery of safe, creative and appropriate play opportunities. Organising a culturally sensitive and inclusive programme in a safe and caring environment.
2. Participating with the children in activities, both individually and in groups.
3. To assist in the day-to-day administration and record keeping.
4. Provide full care of the children including delivery of children to school, collection of children from school and the safe delivery of children to parents/carers.
5. Administering first aid as identified within the club’s policy.
6. Encouraging parental involvement and support.
7. Liaising with parents, schools, local community organisations and other play-related agencies in order to promote the Out-of-School club as appropriate.
8. Attend meetings as required.
9. Carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework and to actively promote inclusion.
10. To work within the agreed policies of the organisation.
11. To promote a safe and healthy environment and to ensure health and safety responsibilities are complied with.
12. To ensure that the club is left in an orderly condition at the close of each session.
13. To attend training courses as required.
The following skills would are desirable but not essential as training will be provided:
Ø Experience of working with 4 to 12 year olds.
Ø An understanding of good quality childcare
Ø A commitment to equal opportunities and inclusion.
Ø Ability to provide and facilitate safe and creative play.
Ø Ability to communicate at differing levels.
Ø Ability to meet children’s individual needs.
Ø Ability to work on own initiative
Ø Awareness of Child Protection and Health and Safety issues.
The following are desirable but not essential for the post
Ø To hold a relevant NVQ level 2
Ø A current first-aid certificate.
Ø Some experience of administration.
Ø Food Hygiene training
Ø Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage
NOTE: Appointment is subject to receiving enhanced DBS clearance
St. Francis Youth and Community Centre
Sycamore Road, Bournville, Birmingham, B30 2AA.
Tel: 0121 472 7215
St Francis Youth & Community Centre is a private company limited by guarantee
Registered in England and Wales, number 8319680 Registered Charity, number 1153521