Linen Porter Job in Lechlade, Gloucestershire at Southrop Estates Ltd (T/A Thyme)
Gloucestershire, Full Time *Subject To Experience
We are looking for an experienced Linen Porter to join our busy housekeeping team.
Thyme is set within a magnificent country setting, with acres of green fields and big sky. We have 31 bedrooms, a fabulous, lively restaurant, a cookery school and a stunning spa, all surrounded by beautiful gardens. Our guests come to us to experience nature, the outdoors and untold luxury, with the best service and fine detail. As a member of the Thyme team, you will be an integral part of the guest experience and will help achieve the high standards we are known for.
– To assist the Housekeeping team in ensuring all guest bedrooms, sitting rooms and bathrooms are cleaned to the standard set by the Housekeeping management team.
– To take responsibility for the linen within the housekeeping department. This will include stripping beds, allocating linen and towels to rooms, moving linen around the site, organising the linen storage and generally assisting with the daily housekeeping routine.
– To ensure all storage areas are kept clean, neat and tidy at all times.
– To assist the Housekeeping Manager with the linen inventory
– To be an agile member of the team who can work efficiently, under pressure and to a time limit, with an excellent eye for detail. Whilst most instructions and standards are set, the ability to think on your feet is valuable.
– Experience: Previous linen porter experience is essential
– Strength: This is a VERY physical role and you will need to be fit and strong
– Positive: A can-do attitude
– Organisation: strong organisational skills
– People Skills: communicating effectively, both internally and externally
– Flexibility: the ability and willingness to assist in all areas of the business
– Team player: always supporting your team members across the business
Full time (40hours) and part time roles available. Starting at £9ph plus service charge
We are in a rural location so your own transport is essential.