SMART Repair Technician Job in Towcester, Oxfordshire at Carderick Ltd.Full Time New
You will work from a fully stocked and equipped ChipsAway van, with support from Carderick and the wider ChipsAway network, covering North Oxfordshire and surrounding areas. Work will be booked for you, depending on your proficiency and time-management. You will be required to work at various locations completing jobs on site, including customers’ homes. You will be expected to work 5 days a week, from 8am-5pm (negotiable). Experience is preferred but full training can be provided for the right candidate.
Your main tasks will include:
· Preparation of bodywork for paint
· Use of sanding tools
· Use of filler
· Dent removal techniques
· Masking up bodywork
· Mixing paints and tints
· Use of flatting papers and polishing tools
· Managing stock levels in the van
· Driving to repair locations and discussing repairs with customers
Responsibilities and Duties:
· You will be responsible for keeping your van and equipment clean, tidy and functional.
· Your designated place of work will change each day depending on where you’ll be needed and may change between jobs on a day.
· You will be required to complete smart repairs and potentially alloy wheel refurbs to a high standard.
· Full UK driving licence
· Polite demeanour and professional, tidy appearance
· Verbal communication skills
· Capable of carrying out technical work competently and to company standards
· Able to work independently, without close supervision
· Able to work to a high standard and take pride in your work
· Able to work as part of a team
· Have a logical, systematic and accurate approach to work
· Able to work to deadlines in a pressurised environment
· Ability to keep a workplace tidy and work in an organised fashion
· Experience working in SMART repair or a bodyshop
· Experience working in alloy wheel repair
· Experience in PDR
· Technical qualifications (e.g. BTEC, C G, NVQ, IMI)
Social media proficiency
Salary is made up of a base figure topped up by very achievable performance goals. You will be entitled to 30 days’ paid holiday, including public holidays and three company discretionary days.
Start Date: 3/4/23 or 20/3/23, depending on training requirements.
Training will be provided, keeping the successful candidate up to date with current legislation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,396.00-£38,046.00 per year