Senior Programmer Job in Manchester at Fresh Perspective Resourcing Ltd
Job title – Senior Programmer
Location – Manchester, SK14 1BJ
Duration – Perm/ Full-time
Salary — £40,000 – £60,000
CV’s to email@example.com
Our Manchester based client is looking to take on a Senior Programmer, this is an opportunity to join a dynamic new studio with a focus on technical excellence and exciting projects. You will help to create great games with best-in-class technology in a culture of collaboration and excellence with a good work-life balance. They always recruit world-class talent and this role is no exception! They have experience working with one of the best teams in the world working on a AAA+ project and we want someone amazing to add to the mix!
Their company was founded as a centre for technical excellence in the video games industry. They have only been open for two years, but in those two years they have become the ‘go-to’ studio for technical challenges and co-development on mobile games as AAA.
They embrace technology, ideas and platforms. They’re proud of their technical DNA, but they are a very creative and fun-loving team too! They actively generate ideas and bring their collective skills, story-telling and energy together to produce their amazing products.
As a Senior Programmer, your role and responsibilities would be:
• Contribute to the engineering side of a AAA title
• Innovate creative tools and processes, and maintaining existing core technologies
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
• Enthusiastically lead junior members of the team and peers
• Communicate calmly and effectively with Project Leads and the Development Director retaining a positive attitude
As a Senior Programmer, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Past experience in a similar role
• Good communication skills, good team player
• Willing to learn new skills, face new challenges and technology.
• Ability to lead a sub team or be part of a team.
• Shipped at least 1 AAA title.
• Unreal experience as an advantage.
• Experience or an understanding of Jira, Confluence and Perforce
• Be competent and confident in the following areas:o C, C++, C# as an advantageo System design and implementationo Console experience – PS4, Xbox One, Next gen as an advantage
It would also be a bonus is you have the following experience:
• Worked on custom engines
• Porting experience
• Have a specialisation in physics / graphics / gameplay / networking / systems and tools (or another unique skillset)
If you are looking to join a company at the foundation level, to help build a centre of technical excellence in the games industry, to have a recognised contribution to our studio and have fun while doing so, this could be the role for you. The Senior Programmer will be working on the in-house tech/project as well as contracts where and when needed, in return the Senior Programmer will receive a salary of £40,000 – £60,000 per annum.Fresh Perspective Resourcing Ltd