Website Port of Dover Cargo Ltd
You will plan, maintain and oversee all operations and labour, be it on board the vessel or landside. You will also provide a complete, efficient service to the POD Cargo customers and ensure the Key Performance Indicators are monitored and met.
You will be responsible for the safety and security of staff and individuals associated with the operation.
You will be required to work 40 hours per week, day and night shifts in line with our vessels. Your shifts will be communicated to you on a weekly basis and you will be required to work at short notice.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Previous supervisory experience within a Cargo facility or similar
– Experience of discharging/loading vessels within tight deadlines
– Have sound knowledge of cargo slinging and lifting techniques
– Maintain optimum productivity
– Have excellent planning and delegation skills
– Be computer literate and proficient in MS Office
– Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
– Be physically fit and be able to climb ladders and work at heights
– GCSE in Math and English or equivalent