Personal Assistant Job in Alnwick, Northumberland at Cussins LtdFull Time
Personal Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a versatile and highly organised personal assistant to perform personalised administrative duties for senior management. In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling meetings, taking notes, and handling correspondence on behalf of senior Directors. You may also be required to make travel arrangements and assist with other duties when required.
To ensure success as a personal assistant, you should exhibit excellent organisational skills and demonstrable experience in a secretarial role. Accomplished personal assistants are intuitive to the needs of the Directors and work autonomously to provide customised administrative support.
Personal Assistant Responsibilities:
• Reporting to senior management and performing secretarial and administrative duties.
• Typing, formatting, and editing letters and reports, documents, and presentations.
• Organising personal and independent business matters – banking, invoice payment, liaising with external advisers.
• Entering data, maintaining address databases, and keeping records.
• Liaising with internal departments, answering calls, and making travel arrangements.
• Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management.
• Scheduling appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders.
• Copying, scanning, and faxing documents, as well as taking notes.
• Preparing facilities and organising scheduled events and arranging refreshments, if required.
• Office Management ordering office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services.
• Observing best business practices and etiquette.
Personal Assistant Requirements:
• Certification in secretarial work, office administration, or related training.
• Proven experience as a personal assistant would be advantageous.
• Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets, using office software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Advanced typing, Dictaphone software, shorthand, and note taking, and high level of organisational skills.
• Accounts, taxation, and recordkeeping knowledge.
• Ability to manage internal and external correspondence.
• Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
• Proficiency in appointment scheduling software such as MS Outlook, as well as call forwarding.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills