Warehouse Person Job in Canterbury, Kent at ParkerSteel Limited
Full Time £15k - £20k, £25k - £30k
Here at Parker Steel we have exciting opportunities for experienced Warehouse People to join our busy team at our Canterbury site. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
Available Shift times and weekly hours vary.
– 4On – 4Off Shift = 38.5 hours per week (4 days on 08-00 — 20-00 / 4 days off)
– Night Shift = 47.5 hours per week (20:00pm – 06:00am Sunday to Thursday)
– Day Shift = 47.5 hours per week (09:00am – 19:00 pm, Monday to Friday)
– Alternating Day Shift = 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (Wk 1 – 05:30am – 14:00pm Sunday to Thursday / Wk 2 – 13:30pm – 22:00pm Sunday to Thursday)
Full product and handling equipment training as appropriate to your current skills and experience will be given.
Please state in your application which shift you would be of preference to you.
At Parker Steel we supply a wide variety of steel and aluminium products to industries across the south of England. In an industry with tight deadlines, we take the stress out of procurement. Our one stop steel shop allows our customers to order their steel stock, processed material, steelwork fittings, fasteners and much more in a single call, allowing a more tailored, focused and personalised service than ever before.
The Warehouse Person role:
Working as a team to load and unload with the minimum of damage, ensuring a good reliable service to our customers.
What will your duties include as our Warehouse Person?
Warehousepersons are required to carry out any number of reasonable duties as required by supervision including the following:
– Will work in accordance with all safety rules and safe working practices.
– To pick and deliver material within our site to the production teams
– Will carefully and safely store all stock material
– Will pick materials for internal processing or to be delivered for customers or for collection by customers
– Will deliver material to the production machines in the required order and present ready for processing
– Will safely load material for delivery to our customers on our own vehicles or safely load material on customers own collection vehicles
– Will complete rolling inventory stock checks
– Will unload all Parker and supplier lorries in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring that all material is placed in the correct racks and a proper stock rotation is adhered to as set out in the Q.A. Manual. And will ensure that all products are correctly colour coded and labelled in accordance with the same manual.
– Will ensure that all delivery paperwork is completed efficiently and correctly in accordance with company procedures.
– Will be fully conversant with all aspects of Quality Assurance procedures which relate to the stock within the terms of BS 9001.
– Will maintain your Bay/working area in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
– Will ensure that all stock locations are maintained at a sufficient level where stocks permit.
– Will maintain the racks within your Bay/working area in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
– Will maintain all walkways within your Bay/working area in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
– Any other duties as reasonably required by your Team Leader.
What we can offer you as our Warehouse Person?
– £18,300 to £26,100 /year plus premium rate overtime
– Generous holiday allowance that increases after 2 years service
– Continuous Training and Career Progression
– Company pension
– Life insurance
If you have the requirements listed to become our Warehouse Person, please ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!