Packing Operatives Job in Ilchester, Somerset at Gap Personnel
Somerset, Yeovil, Full Time £10k - £15k
PACKING PROCESS OPERATIVES REQUIRED / ILLCHESTER
gap personnel are currently recruiting for packing process operatives for our new client based in Ilchester Somerset.
You will be joining a company with nearly 60 years of product experience and development, supplying their product to all of the UK’s leading supermarkets. Full training will be provided for this role, alongside additional support to ensure you are able to complete your duties competently at all times. The site boasts modern facilities with investment made in automated machinery, and were able to offer 50% of its temporary workforce for 2020, permanent job opportunities.
The role will consist of working in various packing departments where you will be responsible for:
1. Working on a packing line and following client specific packed designs
2. Making up packing boxes and ensure items are packed as per required volumes
3. End of line duties to include weighing, palletizing, shrink wrapping and labelling
4. Quality control checks of products for defects, damage, mislabelled, metal detection
The shift and pay rates are:
1. Shift 1 – Monday – Wednesday 5am – 14:45pm / 14:45pm – 1am (Rotational)
2. Shift 2 – Friday – Sunday 6am – 6pm
3. Basic Rate – £9.00ph / Overtime Rate – £12.00ph
The site offers superb benefits to all of its workforce such as:
1. Included in all cheese sales and offers.
2. Team pizza nights
3. New and modern facilities
4. High spec vending machines
5. Free Wi-Fi on site and in all canteen’s areas
6. Free tea and coffee
7. All breaks paid.
8. Annual pension contribution increase after year 1
This is a temporary ongoing assignment with gap personnel operating as the employment business.
To apply for this PACKING PROCESS OPERATIVE position, please either submit your CV via the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with gap personnel in Exeter on [email protected] / Office Call – 01392 273665