Finance Officer / Bookkeeper Job in London at P.E.S.T.S (Parents of Ealing Self Help Training Scheme)
City of London, Part Time £0k – £10k
We are seeking an experienced and committed finance professional to join our friendly team to help guide the financial planning and management of the organisation. This role offers 6.5 hours per month @ £11.57 per hour inclusive. The successful candidate will have an upbeat attitude, whilst also being accurate with careful attention to detail and exhibit a genuine desire to work in the charity sector.
As a Finance Officer/Book Keeper, you will contribute to our strategic and fundraising planning and assist with the financial running of the organisation. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience of bookkeeping and accounting or charity finance & law, including SORP.
The post holder will be required to work from the P.E.S.T.S. Office at Grove House, 77 North Road, Southall UB1 2JL
• This role will be to manage the financial administration of the charity and advise the board of trustees at regular intervals on its financial health, in line with best practice, and in compliance with the Charity Commission requirements.
The main duties include:
• Manage finances of our small charity, including overseeing staff payments and salaries.
• To provide oversight of budgets, management accounts and annual financial statements.
• To provide support in managing and forecasting the charity’s finances, supporting decision-making and reporting to all relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, invested and spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
• To liaise regularly with staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation.
P.E.S.T.S has a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidate for this role will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk.
How to apply
For an application pack or for more information email: [email protected] or call 020 8571 9954
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 17 March 2021
Closing date for job applications: 9am Fri 5th March, 2021
P.E.S.T.S, Parents of Ealing Self-help and Training Scheme, is a small Ealing based charity that provides play and support sessions and social events for disabled children aged under 5 and their families, as well as advice, information, support and training opportunities for their parents / carers.