Production Operative Job in Kirkham, Lancashire at Kepak
Kirkham, Lancashire, Full Time £15k - £20k
We are looking for people to join our growing team in Kirkham which is home to one of the UK’s top 100 brands, Rustlers.
· Kirkham PR4, UK
· £8.91 – £9.40 per hour (following probation up to £11.00 per hour depending on successful completion of relevant training)
· 3 shift rotation. 06:00-14:00; 14:00-22:00; 22:00-06:00
· Opportunities for overtime
· Excellent benefits
· Internal promotion and development opportunities are available!
The role requires multi-skilled Operatives to perform production and hygiene duties in a food production area, effectively and efficiently, meeting targets and reporting all issues.
The role involves the employee being an integral part of the team, working together and meeting production plans.
The role requires each employee to take responsibility for their work.
- Working as a team to follow the daily production plan, set up the production line and carry out checks
- Act in a responsibly manner to follow Health & Safety and Technical regulations
- Report any quality, hygiene, or other issues to Area Leader promptly to minimise downtime
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- Employees must co-operate with their training, asking questions and ensuring they feel satisfied in relation to all aspects of the area and line.
- Reporting any accidents or near misses as per the accident policy
- Other duties as specified by your line manager
- Some positions will require raw meat handling
Successful candidates must have the ability to demonstrate our values of Passion for Food, Ambition, Responsibility and Teamwork at all times.
- Team Player
- Good work ethic and willingness to learn
- Flexibility to adapt to the business needs
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills
- Successful candidates must be flexible to the needs of the business on a day to day basis
- This is physically demanding job. You must be able to execute heavy lifting up to 27.5 kg
- Must be available for overtime and be able to work weekends when needed
- Some production experience is an advantage
- Free on-site parking
- Free hot drinks
- Discounted on-site canteen with free Wi-Fi
- Pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Bupa wellbeing cash plan
- Corporate gym membership at Ribby Hall Village
- Cycle to work schemeKepak
Full training is provided including Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Kepak is a family-owned, future-facing food company with a rich heritage of more than 50 years of meat craft. From the establishment of a family owned butcher shop in Dublin in 1966, Kepak has grown significantly and today the group has a turnover of €1.6bn and employs more than 5,000 people across 12 manufacturing sites in Ireland and the UK. Kepak supplies prime cuts of meat to some of the biggest names in retail, wholesale and foodservice across Ireland, UK, Europe and internationally. With over 50 years’ expertise in meat craft, we are still leading the way with bespoke innovations and highly successful, international food brands.