Apprentice Food Technologist Job in Sevenoaks, Kent at Jardox Ltd.
Full Time £10k - £15k
Jardox Ltd. has a vacancy for an enthusiastic Food Technologist. The aim would be for you to achieve a level 3 Food Technologist qualification via a day release study scheme. In addition to this you would work 4 days a week at our site is Sevenoaks. You would carry out duties such as:
- Working with the Production and Quality/Technical Teams to ensure that Jardox produces safe, legal products manufactured to the highest possible quality.
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement within the business.
- Conducting routine food manufacturing area inspections and GMP audits to ensure a high level of procedure adherence at all times, and to evaluate the adequacy of hygiene and good manufacturing standards; reporting findings where necessary.
- Carry out Quality Control checks e.g. packaging, raw materials, labelling, weights etc. to ensure a good standard of finished product quality.
- Carrying out internal finished product testing prior to positive release.
- Carry out product/water sampling and environmental swabbing.
- Carry out water temperature checks.
- Creating and maintaining product specifications for current and new products.
- Assisting with traceability exercises.
- Conducting sensory evaluation activities.
- Using problem solving techniques to assist with customer complaints investigation process as well as raising , logging and closing-out non-conformances.
- Assisting with quality and technical related enquiries from customers.
The working week would be Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30 . However, with your agreement, a different shift pattern may be required dependent on the needs of the business.
On the job training would be given for all the above.
The expectation is for the successful candidate to move on to permanent employment with Jardox.
Jardox Ltd. is an exciting, innovative and growing company in Sevenoaks producing a wide range of savoury food ingredients in paste and powder finished product forms. We are a friendly and inclusive company wishing to continually help our staff to improve and widen their abilities. Jardox is always open and pleased to receive suggestions and ideas from colleagues.