We are looking for someone who can Lead the signposting service and quality assurance at Hackney Foodbank’s six local Distribution Centres located across the borough. This includes ensuring all our Visitors have a positive experience and are signposted to other provision appropriately; being responsible for directing the volunteers working closely with the Volunteer manager, health and safety and promoting best practice at each centre. This role will also involve administrative tasks, including manning the office phone, responding to all calls and email queries that come into the Foodbank, organising home deliveries for visitors, and inputting data on Visitors journeys accurately.
· Attend Hackney Foodbank Distribution Centre’s to ensure each Centre is run in accordance with HFB’s best practice procedures.
· Work with volunteer Centre Leads and volunteers to ensure a safe and efficient set up, including H&S responsibilities
· Manage all volunteers on site delivering services.
· Ensure effective data capture and input onto system
· Work with internal and external stake holders to ensure relevant and up to date signposting partnerships and referral systems
· Confident responding to telephone and email enquiries from referral agencies and visitors
· Manage system for home deliveries for visitors who have access issues
· Knowledge or experience working or volunteering with adults in crisis
· Knowledge or experience working or volunteering with support services
· Organised and able to manage own workload
· Good administrative skills and attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills, in person and on the telephone
· Ability to absorb information and relay the information to a diverse range of individuals
· Competency on Microsoft Office package (excel, outlook)
· Ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised, or socially excluded backgrounds