Orthotic Assistant Job in Tameside, Manchester at Crispin Orthotics
Ashton under Lyne, Manchester, Full Time £15k - £20k
Base: Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
Department / Ward: Orthotics
Accountable to: Operations Manager
To provide administrative support to the Orthotic Service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To input patient details and treatment records onto the department IT system
· To manage the computerised appointment system ensuring notification of appointments to the patients.
· To have responsibility for effective clinic utilisation
· Receive, unpack and verify ordered orthoses and then allocate to the relevant clinic. There is a requirement for quality control of the received goods.
· Register referrals onto NHS system
· Deal with telephone queries from patients and other Healthcare Professionals
· Booking ambulance and interpreter services
· To effectively communicate with patients on a one to one basis. Frequently dealing with vulnerable and at risk patients, both adults and children. The requirement to display sensitivity and understanding towards patients.
· To manage patients arriving with no appointment requiring advice, assessment and guidance. This may include liaising with the Orthotist where clinical input is required.
· Act as a chaperone.
· To receive and process repairs and adaptations of patients orthoses and arrange return to patients.
· Attend trust induction training and mandatory training programmes.
· Develop skills by attending relevant short courses.
· Maintain a personal portfolio as evidence of competence to practice.
· Be involved with audit.
To apply for the position please email CV to [email protected]
Crispin Orthotics is a Innovative Orthotics company based in Leeds, we provide an Orthotics service to both the NHS and private sector in various locations across the UK.