Carpenters Mate Job in Kent at Ash Employment Services Ltd
Kent, Full Time *Subject To Experience
JOB TITLE: Carpenters Mate (Junior to Intermediate Level)
LOCATION: Head Office, Seven Mile Lane, Borough Green
To apply please email your CV to [email protected] or call Lisa Walker on 01634 710999
To deliver quality outdoor living projects and buildings to the required standards both within the workshop and on site. To act as a key interface with colleagues based in Head Office to ensure service excellence at all times.
We would ideally like somebody with good experience but at a Junior to intermediate level, someone who could work as a Carpenters mate with the senior carpenter to deliver excellent skills to outdoor living projects.
Duties & Requirements
· To significantly contribute individually and as part of the team to help achieve the above job purpose.
· Liaise with Project Supervisor to ensure new projects are planned in full, to achieve maximum productivity and exceptional Customer Service.
· Ability to work to drawings and instructions received from both the Landscape Architect and Director.
· Direct and Support assigned Assistants to ensure they are working efficiently and effectively at all times, sharing your own knowledge along the way.
· Display sound practical and organisational skills to ensure all projects are completed on time, in budget and to the highest possible standard.
· Manage the Production workshop on a day-to-day basis to ensure the workshop is kept clean and tidy.
· Consistently maintain professionalism and respect on site, liaising with the client where necessary to ensure full customer satisfaction at all times.
· Display job interest, self-motivation, attention to detail, accuracy and a positive mindset at all times for the benefit of both the customer and your fellow work colleagues.
· Show flexibility with regard to working hours, particularly when under pressure to meet deadlines. Be able to resolve problems quickly and effectively as and when they arise.
· Build strong relationships with work colleagues, particularly fellow site workers and the Project Supervisor.
· Ensure Health and Safety is at the forefront of everything you do, complying with UK legal requirements by acting responsibly at all times.
· Show respect for company supplied vehicles, ensuring they are well maintained at all times to portray a professional public image.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
Can you rise to a challenge and deliver the most exciting outdoor living projects for very discerning customers. Do you have the highest standards of workmanship and professionalism? Do you want to join a team of highly motivated individuals?
If that describes you and you are looking to move to a more exciting role (these are not run of the mill projects) then this is the opportunity for you.
We install luxury outdoor kitchens and outdoor living spaces. Every single one is different and we offer every style, from traditional to ultra-contemporary. Our customers love what we create. Make no mistake this is an exciting role where you will be turning our customer’s dreams into reality.
We currently have a position available for a Carpenters Mate, covering all aspects of luxury outdoor building construction. The successful applicant will be passionate about delivering work to the very highest standards. You must have a full driving license and be able to get to our workshops near Sevenoaks. The working hours are 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Our projects are based in Kent and throughout the South East, so travel will be necessary to get to these projects. This will be in our own company vehicles.
Please only contact us if you are passionate about the highest levels of workmanship and are motivated by providing excellence to our customers.
We are located in beautiful Kent countryside (near West Malling) but we work throughout Europe. We are growing and all our ranges are aimed at premium sectors of their markets.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £22000.00 to £25000.00 depending on experience
Hours: 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday
Increased holiday after a qualifying period, up to 30 days + Bank Holidays
Company sick pay after a qualifying period.
Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity)