Flexible Support Worker Job in Harlow, Essex at Bridge Support
Essex, Full Time £15k - £20k
Salary £18,533.57 Per Annum
Therapeutic optimism is at the heart of our work. Bridge believes that all clients with mental health problems can achieve and make positive changes to their lives as they move along their pathway of recovery.
• To provide flexible support to clients with enduring mental health needs over a shift rota of 7 days a week which will include evenings.
• To support client move on and manage their progress along their individual recovery path within a 24 month period
• To encourage clients to identify and define their own goals and work towards being as resilient and independent of services as possible, reducing their reliance on medical interventions and hospitalisations
• To provide focused outcome based support measured against clients’ goals, recovery and achievements
• To support clients with specific needs arising from dual diagnosis
• To provide housing management across a range of accommodation provided to clients
• To meet the needs of the service you will be expected to work across different services and sites
This role will continue to evolve with the growth of Bridge Support and from time to time the job description will be reviewed and amended, to reflect changes in demand.
Experience of working with adults with enduring mental health needs or a similar field
• A good standard of education and relevant skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience of supporting client move on to independence within a time defined recovery path
Understanding of housing management issues
• Understanding of Dual Diagnosis and complex needs
• Knowledge of Mental Health Act
• Knowledge of Housing Acts and legislation
Able to work flexibly across 7 days a week on a shift rota basis
• Able to develop good working relationships with clients
• Ability to recognise ill health and need for intervention
• Demonstrate sensitivity and ability to work alongside and with our client group
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport and relate positively to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Maintain professional boundaries at all times
• Able to use supervision effectively
• Able to work independently, take initiative and responsibility for time management, own work load and continuing professional development
Experience of working with people with Dual Diagnosis and complex needs
Access to Perkbox benefits. x2 death in service of annual salary. Automatic enrolment on a workplace pension scheme (after 3 months). 22 Days holiday, plus all statutory bank holidays. Company Sick Pay after 12 months continuous service. Holiday increases to 25 days per year after 3 years continuous service. Free parking Mandatory Training provided when and where appropriate. Future workforce development opportunities which align with the organisation ethos and values and its growth.