An exciting opportunity to learn this new trade as a Sign Maker & Fitter within our well established and expanding Braintree-based company, working alongside our professional and friendly team from Monday to Friday. There is a varied range of mixed duties which will hold your interest, where you will learn and assist other team members with:
In-house signage production – using sign making software, digital printers & plotters, with light signage fabrication and the application of graphics.
Fitting of interior & exterior signage – in various locations such as London & surrounding areas, assisting with driving vans (or travel via London Underground).
- Good rates of pay based on your personal abilities (regular pay reviews inline with personal progress/capability/gained experience)
- Daily overtime regularly available
- No weekend working is required
- Monthly performance bonus (following successful completion of probation, up to £200 monthly performance bonus incentive scheme).
- Holiday overtime pay (based on average earnings)
- Great long term career prospects within family business (est. 1991) and potential if suitable, for long term promotion
Applicants should be enthusiastic and willing to learn this new trade, which requires good practical hands-on skills (DIY) and experience with general workshop tools, along with a positive and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, combined with a good eye for detail & quality which are essential. -If you already have experience as a sign maker give us a call!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with all aspects of production, including generation and application of vinyl & digital graphics (requires good dexterity for fine work, with a keen eye for detail), and basic fabrication of signs.
- Duties include driving of various size vans, installing interior & exterior signs, involving use of hand & power tools, some excavation work (physically demanding), with shared responsibility of vehicle, requiring earlier starts on fitting days.
- Occasionally assisting in other areas of company as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ideally based within 45 minutes/approx. 20 mile radius of Braintree (for early starts, usually two/three per week).
- Hold full driving license, young driver minimum 3 years (or age 25+) with max. 3 points, ideally with experience driving vans/larger vehicles.
- Ideally with previous experience of a range of workshop & power tools (via DIY or within a similar practical trade) or fitting/manual ground working experience (ideal) or capable and willing to learn.
- Would suit candidate with high personal standards, who takes job satisfaction from achieving the best possible product.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting @ £22,000 – £25,000 per year (subject to experience)