Accounts Assistant Job in Malvern, Worcestershire at Balens Ltd
Great Malvern, Worcestershire, Part Time *Subject To Experience
Accounts Assistant – This part time role, working mornings primarily within the office 5 days, will be to support the Accounts Team with the banking and processing of client receipts and general accounting tasks. Some accounts experience is desirable, and a good eye for detail is definitely essential. This role would be an ideal opportunity for someone local.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Gain an understanding of the basic principles of accounting both for client and company money.
· Assist and take responsibility for accounting routines and checks for our client ledger such as:
· processing daily cheque, credit card, iDeal, Paypal and BACS receipts in both our insurance and accounting systems,
· writing up cash books,
· posting to Sage,
· helping with insurer payments,
· and client refunds.
· Work regularly and efficiently with both Sterling and Euro currencies.
· Assist with the processing of purchase invoices, to include entering in the register, obtaining authorisation and posting to Sage
· Support the team with a mix of routine weekly and monthly tasks; and with small projects to investigate or improve the way things are done.
· Assist with the accounting for our associated company, Balens Insurance Finance Services Ltd (BIFS).
· Be able to work with both accuracy and confidentiality, meeting deadlines and working with all staff to get the right information at the right time.
Established in 1950, Balens are a fourth generation, ethical, family run Insurance Brokerage focusing on guidance, support and service, and based at the heart of Great Malvern. We specialise in Insurance for Health, Well-being, Fitness and Beauty Professionals and their businesses, Affinity Groups and Not-for-Profit Organisations. We offer a wide range of insurance services for both individual and business requirements. For further details please visit our website at www.balens.co.uk