Exercise and Community Engagement Co-ordinator Job in Carlisle, Cumbria at iCan Health and Fitness CICContract New
EXCTING NEW WORK OPPORTUNITY:
iCan Health and Fitness CIC are currently looking for two enthusiastic and reliable new team members to join our innovative and expanding organisation in the Mid Copeland area of West Cumbria. Funding has been secured for 1 year with the potential of an additional 2 years to be confirmed.
We are looking for a people dedicated to improving the lives, health, and happiness of their community through health and wellbeing activities. These are a physical role, teaching exercise, (full training provided), alongside promoting community engagement and neighbourliness.
Exercise & Community Engagement Co-ordinator
This is a flexible role, working a minimum of 12 hours per week with the potential of undertaking additional delivery in West Cumbria. Working days may include some weekends/bank holidays depending on project delivery. Wage is £15 per hour gross.
Job Title: Exercise & Community Engagement Co-ordinator
Working Hours: Flexible to cover the requirements of the project with a minimum of 12 hours per week with the potential of undertaking other projects in West Cumbria. Some weekends and bank holidays may be required.
Wage: £15ph gross – ideal candidate would be self-employed but employment could be offered.
Contract: This is a 1-year fixed term contract with the potential of being extended for a further 2 years dependant on evaluation of year 1.
Start Date: Immediate – No later than January 2023
· Networking and liaising with communities in Mid-Copeland include Thornhill, Gosforth, Seascale, Drigg, Nethertown, to arrange and deliver a 6-week programme which improves participants health, social isolation and allows for neighbourliness groups to form.
· The post holder requires good organisational skills in order to deliver the project plan. This will include:
o Planning and preparation of sessions e.g. booking venues and scheduling dates.
o Manage and monitor the project budget, reporting when requested to a member of the senior team.
o Marketing the project to local stakeholders and the public through a range of media and communication avenues.
o Collating outcome data for the project on a weekly basis including case studies, registers and feedback reports.
· Lead and deliver exercise classes as required either chair-based exercise or bellicon (trampoline) rehabilitation workouts (full training provided).
· Manage Activity Coach to support project delivery as required.
· Manage and ensure the WOW facility is maintained to a high standard at all times.
· Due to the funding requirements, it is essential that the post holder lives either in or near the Mid-Copeland area.
· You must have a passion for the area/ good local connections.
· You must be self-motivated with the ability to motivate and lead others.
· Confident and engaging to be able to host a room full of people and lead sessions remaining professional at all times.
· Able to exercise and teach others exercise activities in a safe and secure manner.
· Hold a qualification in exercise provision or be willing to undertake qualifications if required.
· Be an energetic, relatable person who is attentive to the needs of others.
· Full UK clean driving licence.
· Ability and confidence to drive a medium wheel base van (provided).
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· English and Maths to GSCE grade C/4 minimum.
· DBS checked or willing to take DBS check.
· Worked in the third sector or charity sector for at least 2 years.
· Exercise trained to L2 or exercise to music qualification.
· Experience of project management.
· Experience of leading a team and motivating others.
For more information about the role or to apply please contact Lisa Bridgewater at [email protected] or call 01228 819101