Events Manager Job in Coalville, Leicestershire at Charles Booth CentrePart Time
Part-time – Nominally 20 hours per week – variable dependent upon events, will regularly involve evening and weekend working.
Salary £20787 pro-rata (based on 37½ hour week)
The Charles Booth Centre is a local community centre for Thringstone, Whitwick and surrounding villages. It is a vibrant, welcoming and well-maintained building that offers high quality facilities. A wide range of community activities and services are delivered from the Centre and take place throughout the day, evenings and weekends. The centre has been recognised by the local authority as a Community Hub offering services during the pandemic. Currently providing a warm hub for the Community on three mornings per week.
The Charles Booth Centre strives to be first class in everything we do. We want people who are insightful and inspiring to be part of our team. To achieve our goal, we want to build our team with people who are passionate about delivering the highest possible level of performance in everything that they do – people who are open to ideas, to collaboration, to challenges and to new ways of thinking.
The Events Manager will carry out their day-to-day work at the centre. It is important that the appointed person is able to provide a friendly, welcoming environment, enhancing visitors’ experience of the Centre.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
Accountable to: Centre Manager
Location: Charles Booth Centre, The Green, Thringstone, Leics.
The duties of the Events Manager fall under 4 main areas:
Event booking and planning
· Demonstrate proactive approach to create new revenue generating events for the Centre.
· Create a welcoming and inclusive environment, liaise directly with clients for parties/weddings and other events, take bookings and showing people around the Centre.
· Plan catering, furniture requirements and decoration for events in line with client requirements.
· Liaise weekly with the Centre Manager in all aspects of Event planning.
Bar maintenance and stock keeping
· Ensure that the bars are kept clean and well maintained, ensuring flushing of pipes is carried out when necessary and gas supplies are maintained in accordance with health and safety procedures.
· Maintain the bar stock in an efficient manner to minimise wastage whilst offering a good selection to customers.
· Arrange bar rotas including arranging for cover by temporary bar staff when required for larger/weekend events.
· Provide bar service at regular centre events (as arranged with the Centre Manager) and at larger bespoke events such as weddings and parties in collaboration with casual bar staff.
· Ensure all new casual bar staff are trained and all bar staff have an annual update which is recorded in their training records.
· Ensure good record keeping, including ensuring casual bar staff complete their monthly time sheets after each event.
· Liaise with treasurer to ensure correct floats are available and the till is reconciled after every event.
· Maintain records of stock purchases and deposit payments by clients.
· If required carry out other general administrative tasks such as sorting incoming post in case of office staff absence.
· Other duties as necessary to fulfil the needs of the Centre.
· Excellent organisational skills demonstrating a friendly, enthusiastic approach and excellent attention to detail.
· Previous Events Management experience demonstrating a creative, proactive approach and motivation to create new revenue generating opportunities.
· Staff management skills.
· Computer literate with proficiency in use of email and Microsoft packages such as Excel, use of payment systems such as iZettle and competent user of social media
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Patient and able to work collaboratively in an environment with people of all ages
· Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
· Must demonstrate a flexible approach including working evenings and weekends as necessary
· Previous experience of bar work is desirable, however training in all aspects of Bar Operation, Maintenance, Management, and stock keeping can be provided.
· Holiday entitlement is 21 days pro rata plus Bank Holidays
· There will be a three month probationary period
· Relevant training will be provided
· Statutory redundancy pay and notice period will apply
· Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Interviews will be held w/c 12th December with start date asap after interview.