Support Worker Job in Newark, Nottinghamshire at Eden FuturesFull Time New
**Apply now for immediate vacancies! OR! We also have start dates for the New Year that you can apply for now and be ready for January – what a great way to start 2023!**
We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs. If you have our values, we’d love to hear from you! Don’t worry if you’ve not worked in care before as full training and support is provided.
We are recruiting Support Workers to join the team across our Supported Living Services, supporting individuals in their own homes as well as out in the community, helping them to live as independently as possible.
Roles are paid at an hourly rate (£9.77-£10.05). The higher rate is applicable to those aged 23 years and over and based on 42 hours per week.
We are flexible regarding full or part-time hour contracts, we will also consider candidates who may be looking for Bank. Shifts can vary across days, nights and weekends, offering you the flexibility to work around commitments you may already have.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
When you first join Eden Futures, you will be paid for completing a comprehensive Induction Programme involving face-to-face training, e-learning and shadowing experienced members of your team.
For those new to care, we will make sure that you are given the support to complete your Care Certificate and gain a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care or relevant to your role, partnering with our provider company.
As a Support Worker you will receive the following benefits:
Take your Birthday off plus 5.6 weeks of holiday – increasing with service (pro rata’d for part-time employees)
Free DBS Check
Continuous Learning & Development opportunities – including access to bespoke training, Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care and Business and Leadership & Management
Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme
Health Cash Back and Pension Scheme
Eligible for £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme (unlimited referrals)
Enhanced pay for maternity or paternity leave
Blue Light Discount Scheme
Eligibility for COSTCO membership
Main Responsibility as a Support Worker:
– Support service users to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs and individual support and care plans, participating in the development of plans where applicable
– Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible
– Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach
– Support service users to participate in chosen social activities and services in their community, manage their finances and medication responsibly, help with practical tasks around the home, and respectfully support with personal care, hygiene and healthcare
– You will be an informal point of contact for those in the service users circle of support (e.g Families and Social Workers)
Accurately report and record any issues related to the care and support of our Service Users to monitor their health and wellbeing
– Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others
Our Ideal Candidate
– Caring and compassionate, having a genuine passion for wanting to help our service users lead a full and active life to enable them to achieve as much independence as possible
– You’ll enjoy working as part of team as well as using your own initiative and have a willingness to support your colleagues when needed
– You may have previous care experience, but that isn’t a requirement for the role, as we will ensure you are equipped with the skills and necessary training to support people living in our services
– Understand there will be challenging days, but able to remain positive in those situations. Remember, you have the chance to positively influence how someone feels and that is no small thing