Fundraiser Job in Basildon, Essex at Peaceful PlaceFull Time New
Peaceful Place (PP) is seeking an experienced fundraiser to join our tight-knit team.
You will help grow income from individual and corporate giving. Focus on building relationships with existing individual and corporate supporters as well as researching, cultivating and stewarding relationships with potential new supporters to grow these income streams.
By coordinating events, writing proposals, leading volunteers, you will hone your speaking, writing, and leadership skills whilst moving Peaceful Place closer to its financial goals.
Objectives of this Role
Increase funding to the Charity.
Promote awareness of the Peaceful Place mission and work.
Cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers.
Plan fundraising initiatives to help the organization meet financial goals.
Form strong relationships with external stakeholders.
Ensure major donors are satisfied and kept up to date on PP successes.
Skills, knowledge & qualifications
· Work alongside the Fundraising subcommittee to develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate support, recruitment, and development.
· Work with the subcommittee to agree and achieve individual giving targets
· Research individuals and corporations who may be interested in Gift giving.
· Seek, motivate and facilitate community supporters to maximise the funds they raise
· Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
· Organise traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and local collections.
· Develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organising events
· Raise awareness of the charity and its work at local and national level.
· Create opportunities for the Board members and CEO to represent PP at various events and ensure full media coverage including all social media platforms to maximise opportunities of promotion and fundraising.
· Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising campaigns.
· Work alongside the volunteer coordinator to recruit, organise and manage volunteers to carry out various fundraising functions.
· Oversee corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers
· Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
· Write applications and mailshots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors
Skills and experience
· Direct experience of successfully generating income.
· Direct experience of working with corporate partners.
· Excellent verbal and written skills and confident public speaker.
· Strong attention to detail with a timely approach in responding to donors.
· Excellent computer literacy, Microsoft, and Excel
· Competent in using CRM to keep all Donor information updated, accurate and within GDPR requirements.
· Demonstrable experience of all social media platforms.
· Marketing experience desirable
· Ability to organize and plan workload
· Punctual and ability to work to deadlines
· Relaxed, professional and creative approach.
· Ability to take instruction and action requests
· Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
· Ability to take ownership and develop role
· We are an equal opportunities employer and require all staff to adhere to equal opportunities policy and procedure
· Satisfactory references and DBS.
· Full Drivers license
· A minimum of three years’ fundraising, social media, or marketing experience
· A target driven individual
· Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
· Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
· Strong attention to detail
· A passion for research
· Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities
· Full drivers’ licence.
· Batchelors degree in communications, business, public relations, or equivalent experience or related field.
Health & safety:
· Understand and be compliant with Peaceful Place Health & Safety policy and emergency fire procedures.
· Ensure all volunteers are fully trained and inducted to follow all Peaceful Place policies and procedures paying strict attention to Health and Safety, confidentiality, Safeguarding and GDPR.
· Promote safe working practices.
· Always communicate to staff and members in a professional calm manner.
· Participate in staff and fundraising subcommittee meetings.
· Communicate with staff team on volunteer opportunities and ensure roles are developed in accordance with need.
training & development:
· Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
· Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications.
· Create opportunities of learning and development for volunteers and students.
· Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained during your time on duty is adhered to under the data protection act 1998.
· As a key holder you will be required to ensure security of the building.
· Keep abreast of changes and adhere to Peaceful Place policies and procedures.
· Ensure resources are used appropriately.
· Carry out any other duties that may be deemed necessary by Management