Are you a competent electrician who likes a variety of work from commercial to domestic, emergency to project based? Are you looking for full-time employment? Perhaps you don’t have a lot of working experience, and are new to the profession? Does your experience come mainly from the training you have received so far? Whatever your background, this could be the role for you!
M D Govier are looking for an Electrical Engineer who already possesses a good skill set and qualifications, but would like to continue their professional development within a supportive company.
Do you have a clear view of how you would like to progress your career and develop your skills further? The company fully supports all team members to continue to develop their job roles and will help to facilitate this for you, providing training, the right tools, and all the support you need.
You will also be provided with a vehicle for all jobs, to be collected from the company’s HQ at the beginning of each shift.
On top of your salary, there is private health insurance for all employees, 21 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), annual bonus, and overtime opportunities.
We are looking for an engineer who is adaptable to the job type and ready for a challenge, as we work with a range of clients in a domestic, commercial, and industrial capacity. You will also need to be open to flexible working hours, as we do fulfil night shifts on a fairly regular basis. Our company is looking for somebody who possesses the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team and is wanting to embrace the values of company. We would ideally like somebody who already possesses their AM2 qualifications, but would also consider someone still in training if they possess very good quality skills and attitude.
As an Electrical Engineer your tasks will include:
– First and second fix installations
– Instalment and manipulation of conduit and trunking systems
– Fault finding
– Working at heights e.g. cable drop installations, lighting upgrades
– Cable pulling and management
– Assist the team and follow instructions from your line manager
– Following manuals, schematics, diagrams and blueprints to complete installations and repairs
– Carrying out EICR testing and completing the relevant digital paperwork
– Emergency light testing
– Installing light installations: emergency, high level, exterior, SMART
Your profile should aim to include:
– Good customer service skills: face to face, by phone and email
– Demonstrable and excellent communication skills
– Good organisation skills
– Able to work accurately and to deadlines
– Ability to collate and to produce reports for the management team
– Ability to act responsibly and to our health and safety standards and procedures
– Work well as a team member, but also receive instructions well and work independently
– Hold AM2 qualification, 18th edition, testing and inspections
– Have knowledge of working with Apple products
– Possess understanding of design and methodology of electrical installations
– Forward thinking
– Good level of practical skills
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more then we would love to hear from you! Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the email provided and we will be in direct contact.