Community Care Worker Job in Surrey at Axela CareFull Time
We are looking for a confident and dynamic person to work in the community to assist Service User’s we currently provide care to in their own homes. We have a range Service Users with diverse needs so we are keen to recruit a wide range of individuals that can help us meet these needs.
YOU CAN APPLY USING OUR APPLICATION LINK: PLEASE STATE SURREY, IF YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE CROYDON, SUTTON OR SURROUNDING AREAS.
To provide a personal care service to service users to help to enable the individual to lead as much of an independent lifestyle as possible
The individual will be required to follow and work with the provided care plan to ensure that the needs of the service user are met
Care duties could include the following please note this list is not exhaustive:
· Personal Care: to assist with washing, bathing, showering, cleaning teeth, dressing and undressing, help the service user to get ready for the day, hair care, continence management, personal hygiene and care of pressure areas.
· Healthcare: Prompting and assisting with prescribed medication as required. This does not involve administering medication.
· Dietary Care: Preparation of snacks and meals and assisting with meal distribution and assistance for feeding and drinking
· Domestic and Household: General domestic tasks, bed making, clearing rubbish and washing.
· Assistance of daily aids and re-enablement aids
· Assistance with re-enablement programmes as specified by healthcare professionals.
· Befriending and companionship
Ensure that comprehensive and accurate weekly feedback on each service user is competed and provided to their coordinator and ensure the record folder within the service user’s house is correctly completed at each visit.
Raise any concerns, changes or issues to the coordinator to ensure the safety of service users at all times.
The individual must adhere to CQC regulations always and the policies and procedures laid down by the organisation.
The successful applicant will be:
● Fully fluent in English and a second language would be desirable. We currently have various service users that require to be able to communicate in the same language as their own.
● Caring and considerate
● Show Flexibility
● Be able to travel and have their own car with a full driving licence or access to own reliable transport
● The ability to work alone and part of a team as required
● Able to build strong relationships whilst maintaining professional boundaries
● Mature, calm and professional approach at all times
Fluent in English
Previous care work experience personally or professionally
A DBS check prior to commencement of role is required.