Household Support Fund

The Household Support Fund is government funded but each council runs their own Household Support Fund scheme. To apply for a Household Support Fund grant, visit your local council website and they’ll have a page with information about the household support scheme.

The Household Support Fund doesn’t affect your Universal Credit. Your benefits won’t be affected if you receive financial help from the Household Support Fund scheme.

The Household Support Fund is available to anyone, you don’t have to be in receipt of Universal Credit or any other benefits payments.

Your council may have chosen a different name than Household Support Fund.

Popular names for this fund also include;

  • Welfare Assistance Scheme
  • Local Welfare Assistance
  • Local Welfare Provision
  • Local Hardship Grant Scheme
  • Crisis Support
  • Residents Support Fund

Find your local council's Housesold Support Scheme

Find your local council Household Support Scheme below. Please note that it may be called something different. The Household Support Scheme is already closed in some council areas.

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.