How can I find computer courses near me?
There are free online computer courses with certificates available. But for basic computer courses, it’s better to have an IT tutor available to help answer any questions you have. To find free computer courses for beginners contact your local colleges and training providers.
If your unemployed, your Jobcentre Plus work coach might be able to signpost you to a local training provider that offers computer courses for beginners.
Free Computer Courses
Free computer courses for adults are at available at Entry Level 3, Level 1 and Level 2. Level 2 computer courses are equivalent to a GCSE qualification grade 9-4 (A*-C).
Beginner computer courses are usually categorised as; Foundations for learning and life or ICT for Users. The following qualifications are government funded computer courses for adults.
- BTEC Level 1 – ICT User Skills Award
- BTEC Level 2 – ICT User Skills Award
- Entry Level 3 IT Users Certificate
- Level 1 IT Users Certificate
- Level 2 IT Users Certificate
What you'll learn on computer courses for beginners
You’ll learn essential IT skills on beginner computer courses for adults, including;
- basic internet safety
- how to use the internet
- how to use email
- how to use word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- how to use spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- how to use database software such as Microsoft Access
- how to use presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint
- how to use image editing software
- basic internet security
- how to use website building software