About the Company
Friendly grade II listed pub on the outskirts of the urban area. Since opening in 1840 there have been just 16 licensees with a long succession being local brewers, the Allen family, holding the record. There are three distinct areas to the ground floor including bar, lounge and restaurant along with a dartboard and juke box. A very plush heated covered smoking area with TV and sofas provides a comfortable setting for those inclined to spend their time outside along with a large beer garden for families to spend time with their children. Families are welcome in the pub, as are well-behaved dogs. From 14 December 2015 food is served every day from midday to 8 in the evening.
Tina and Tim welcome all to a warm and friendly pub.