What is a marketing executive
Marketing executives is a marketing professional who manages and oversees execution of marketing strategies. They develop marketing campaigns to promote products and services. Day to day responsibilities involve developing and launching successful marketing campaigns and strategy, researching and analyzing the data to identify target audience.
How to become a marketing executive?
Employers recruit from a range of subjects. Relevant courses include a foundation degree, higher national diploma or degree in either marketing communications, advertising, business and management, psychology and humanities.
You can get into this role through a marketing assistant advanced apprenticeship, or higher apprenticeship as a marketing executive, or you could join a company’s marketing department as an administrator or assistant. This could give you enough experience to work your way up to become a marketing executive.
Marketing executive duties
Marketing executive duties are diverse and depend on the employer and specialty, but some responsibilities are common to most:
- Compile and distributing financial and statistical information
- Write and proofreading creative copy
- Maintain websites and looking at data analytics
- Support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities
- Source advertising opportunities and place adverts in the press or on the radio
- Work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts
- Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
- Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses
Marketing executive skills
To be an effective marketing executive, you’ll need certain skills and competencies. The following are often cited in job vacancies:
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- Analytical data driven problem solver
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics
- Leadership skills
How to find a marketing executive job
These jobs are advertised online, in local newspapers and at your local jobcentre. To find all the marketing executive jobs near you, you need to:
- Search for marketing executive jobs on popular job websites such as; Indeed, Total Jobs and CV Library
- Use the DWP’s Find A Job Service
- Check local newspapers and local Facebook groups, especially groups dedicated to local jobs
Marketing Executive Job Titles
When you search for marketing executive jobs online, be aware that the jobs might be advertised using a different job title. Popular job titles for marketing executive jobs include;
- Marketing specialist
- Marketing manager
- Chief marketing officer
- Director of marketing
What does a marketing executive do?
The job of a marketing executive varies depending on the job role and the company you’re working for. Check the duties and responsibilities of marketing executive job advertisements to find jobs that best suit your skills and experience.
The day-to-day tasks of a marketing executive include;
- Research customer thoughts and feelings and market trends to inform campaigns
- Develop working relationships with clients
- Write and edit content for print
- Understand brand guidelines and check they are followed
- Organise and promote events
- Manage marketing budgets
- Manage campaign content for social media and websites
- Analyse data to plan and evaluate marketing campaigns